20 May 2016 NEW BIKE // 2017 KTM 250 EXC-F Street Legal!
KTM has unleashed the furry with then 2017 line up… 17 different models! And one I’m excited to see is the 250 EXC-F model which is street legal straight off the showroom floor! Wow! They continue to push the boundaries and give us new models.. how will the competition respond?!
Yamaha how about a WR450R, or a modernized XTZ660 to the USA. The market for a 450-ish lighter ADV bike geared for adventure riding is still open to any takers ??!!
Courtesy of DirtRider.com:
2017 KTM 250 EXC-F Street Legal!
Joining the KTM’s street-legal enduro line for 2017, the 250 EXC-F has no equal in the quarter-liter dual sport category. An all-new chassis features a lightweight frame with higher torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness to match the all-new WP Xplor front fork and shock. Combine that with a new compact DOHC engine and you have a recipe for success. With all the requisite parts needs to have access to the asphalt to link all the best sections of trail; the result is a READY TO RACE EXC-F suitable for amateur explorers, while still satisfying the pros. Eat that, adversaries.
- NEW 250 EXC-F engine has been redesigned in order to make the new powerplant more compact and lighter while delivering class-leading torque and power figures over the entire rev range
- NEW Cylinder head with lightened camshafts, DLC coated finger followers and a reworked timing drive for outstanding power throughout the 12,800 rpm rev range
- NEW 6mm Shorter connecting rod for a vertical compact engine with snappy response
- NEW Engine cases with a centralized shaft configuration, moving the crankshaft closer to the bike’s center of gravity while shortening the engine by 20mm.
- NEW Engine covers feature an advanced surface structure to reduce wear for the rider’s boots
- NEW 42mm Keihin throttle body for instant throttle response and crisp fueling
- NEW 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off-road duty
- NEW Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability
- NEW Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
- NEW WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork has outstanding damping characteristics and better bottoming resistance with less weight
- NEW WP Xplor PDS rear suspension is more progressive and is lighter
- NEW shock mounting geometry is matched to the new swingarm with a more centered location for nearly symmetrical loads to the swing arm
- NEW Forged aluminum triple clamp with handlebar positions and a 22mm offset for precise handling
- NEW ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side
- NEW 10mm longer rear brake pedal, smaller rear brake piston and lighter disks provide class leading brake performance and feel
- NEW “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
- NEW CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Continental TKC-80 tires for maximum strength and traction on and off the road
- NEW Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes
- NEW Bodywork with perfect ergonomics and contact points for maximum control and comfort
- NEW Cooling system features stiffer radiators with better cooling efficiency while new radiator guards provide crash protection
- NEW 2.25 gallon see-through polyethylene tank provides the range needed for extended rides
- NEW “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 249.1 cc
Bore/Stroke: 78 / 52.3 mm
Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 42 mm
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication with 2 Pumps
Primary Ratio: 24:73
Final Drive: 14:49
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DD-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm/11.8 in; 310 mm/12.2 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21”, 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 120/100-18” Continental TKC-80
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,482mm ± 10 mm / 58.3 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.25 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 107 kg / 235.9 lbs